It is the 1st day of summer! Yeah! I cannot wait to spend the summer in the air on Delta jets as well as other airlines for a change (is that cheating on Delta?) and blog about the experiences.
First let’s get the technical stuff about SWAG Saturday out of the way. The rules are HERE and do not change from week to week so be sure and look at them. The only change will be the drawing will be held at some point during the day on Friday the 27th this week.
Then on to a very simple request from you for a shot via Random.org to win the $54 Amazon e-Gift code is just to tell me this:
“Where are you going for vacation this summer”? Or, if you are not going anywhere what fun things will you do as a stay-cation this summer works just fine too!
Have fun and thanks for reading the blog and playing along each week with SWAG Saturday. Lastly, if you are going somewhere, I hope you are using some great point cards to make it almost free!- René
First off let me congratulate, via Random.org, our two winners #112 & #62 that is Angela & Mary Beth! I will contact you soon to get your prize and DeltaPoints SWAG on the way to you!
Now on to some of the reader comments. If you have seen all THIS on your Delta flight, I feel very sorry for you. To me the “top” pics are:
- Clipping and painting toenails
- Changing a baby on the tray table
- Coughing and not covering or flying sick
- Feet where they should not be
- Inappropriate movies or language
- Bothering the seat in front of you (many ways)
Really this list is so long I could do this all day! I do have ONE issue with a few of the comments and will take that up in tomorrow’s post! – René
PS – Be sure to check back next Saturday as a $50 AMAZON gift card is up for grabs!
This morning we got to “enjoy” J-Lo with her feet on the IFE on a Delta jet in business class. I am very anti-feet anywhere but on the floor. The guy above from the thread at FlyerTalk just takes the cake IMO as one of the worst EVER!
For me there is something about flying that makes it is more than just a bus ride. I guess I am old enough to still think of flying as romantic and special. Maybe I am just out of touch.
Anyway, on to this week’s SWAG Saturday and I am giving away TWO prizes this week that is TWO winners will each get a Beats urBeats In-Ear Headphones and some Delta Points SWAG as well.
I have to say the rules that don’t change from week to week are HERE if you have never seen them. Then on to what I want from you for a chance to win via Random.org
I want you to tell me: “what you think is unacceptable behavior on an airplane”. Keep in mind the blog is “PG-13″ so keep it clean please. Just what is something you think a person should NEVER EVER do on a Delta jet! – René
Congratulations to #52 that is Barbara the winner of the Bluetooth speakers as well as the Delta Points swag. I will email you soon and get your prizes on the way!
Be sure and check back tomorrow as I will have not just ONE but TWO winners this week and each will get Delta Points swag and a set of Beats urBeats In-Ear Headphones! – René
This week how about some headphones. These are lightweight, rechargeable and will sync up with most devices that work with Bluetooth to let you enjoy music etc. with no cord. You can get more details from the MFG. site if you would like.
Also included this week, some Delta Points swag as well. Not to sound like a broken record (what’s a record?) but the T&C and rules are the same each week and are HERE.
On to today’s question. Very soon US Air will be no more as the airline becomes one behemoth airline under the American Air name. We should know Citi has been chosen to be the main card to provide points to American flyers. But, for a short time longer, US Air points are still an option that will become AA points at some point. The current solid offer is:
➲ The US Airways® Premier World MasterCard®
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles after your first purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee*
- First checked bag free on eligible bags for you and up to four companions on domestic US Airways operated flights
- One companion certificate good for up to 2 guests to travel with you on a US Airways operated flight at $99 each, plus taxes and fees
- Priority boarding Zone 2 on US Airways operated flights
- Redeem miles for award travel on US Airways and American Airlines booked through usairways.com or US Airways Reservations
- Earn miles on every purchase with 2 miles for every $1 you spend on US Airways purchases and 1 mile for every $1 on purchases everywhere else
- Please see terms and conditions for complete details
The Annual fee for this card is $89 per year.
Between this and the 100,000 point AA card (not my link at bottom of page) you are talking, after spend, over 150,000 points! Not all bad on two cards. My question for you this weekend, for a shot via Random.org to win this week’s swag is:
- Are you adding US Air points while you still can?
Yes or No is all I need but as always if you want to add more you can. Have a great weekend everyone! – Rene
First let me congratulate our Random.org winner # 31 Randy who just says: “YES”. I will contact you soon and mail off your SWAG to you this week. Thanks for playing along!
Now on to some the funniest comments and some of the “worst of the worst” procrastinators. I mean, when you comment the below, you need help
- Definitely a procrastinator. I’m getting married next weekend, and there are many things left to do!
- I hate to admit it Rene but I’m a procrastinator. This is for your swag from last week, right?
- On balance, I am not. I do hate yard work though, so I do attempt to put that off
- Absolutely, why do today what you can put off until tomorrow.
- Absolutely. I’m surprised I got around to commenting on this.
- Yep. Read this post 4 hours ago and just now commenting on it.
- I plan to go to a – Procrastinators Anonymous meeting, but I keep putting it off.
- I’m a procrastinator for sure, just applied to 60k ink
- I’ll tell you later…
- Honestly, I procrastinate all the time. Bad habits are hard to break. I’ll fix it tomorrow.
- I was going to comment later but went ahead just got it over with.
- My name’s pawtim, and I’m a procrastinator!
- Of course — if time allows
- I meant to answer this yesterday but didn’t get around to it.
- Yes. Still haven’t filed my taxes yet.
- It depends. Here it is Sunday, and I am answering SWAG Saturday.
- I usually don’t get around to replying to your SWAG posts until several days *after* you’ve announced a winner!
Wow you all are amazing and really funny. I wish I could give out SWAG prizes for best answer rather than using Random.org but I give you a DeltaPoints shout-out for making me smile from ear to ear today. Thanks! – René
Someone in my family was always late. Late for just about everything. Another one was always early; often a lot early. I don’t like stress so I have adopted the latter in my life. 1-2hrs early for a flight? No problem, I can relax and enjoy rather than starting a trip stressed-out.
Same goes for my MQMs or Medallion Qualifying Miles. I will end the year with an extra 100k+ to rollover. I like being early. But some are procrastinators. I get that life does tend to get in the way sometimes.
❂ Chase Ink Plus® 60,000 BONUS POINTS Business Credit Card
❂ Chase Ink Bold® 60,000 BONUS POINTS Business Charge Card
❂ Chase Ink Cash® 30,000 BONUS POINTS Business Credit Card
Maybe you have been putting off getting in on the latest INK deals that END tomorrow, Sunday 1JUNE2014 at 3:PM ET! If you have been procrastinating, your time is just about up.
This week I have a bunch of SWAG including a Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard, a travel power adapter, a 2600mAh battery saver as well as some DeltaPoints swag (& a T-shirt too). The rules are the same each week and are HERE.
For a chance to win, via Random.org, all I need from you is to tell me – are you a procrastinator or not? Be honest now, neither answer will improve your chance to win! – Rene
Good old Random.org tells us that this week’s travel kit re-purpose winner is # 19 that is Chris is our winner who says:
“Pretty much the standard stuff. Have a airline pouch in my work back pack with all the cables & a wireless mouse and my RSA token. Use the kits when we travel to keep each person’s charging cables, batteries, etc.. together. Each person is responsible for their own pack when we leave and at each stop.”
Congratulations Chris I will be sure to reach out and contact you soon and get your prize on the way.
Now on to some of your ideas I really though were clever (I mean beyond mine)! Let’s take a look:
- For jewelery when traveling
- Camera equipment
- Makeup organization
- Shower caps for shoes
- Gifts for kids / granddads
- Gift for charities
- Small stuff inside suitcase
- Keep receipts when traveling
- Travel adapters
- Mobile phones & cash in shoe polish bags
- Vitamins or medications
- Crayons, toys etc. for kids when traveling
What great ideas; I plan to borrow some of them. And as a note to airlines, hotels and the like, keep re-purposing in mind as you have a chance to have your logo seen and used again and again and again! – René
I love airline gifts. Most of them are kinda cheesy and if you were paying for this kind of “quality” you would be sure to move on and look at other options. But that is not to say these little bits are not useful. What do I mean?
It really is all about the repurpose. Sure we do use kits sometimes on flights but many times I just toss them in my bag and take them home to use for other things. What things?:
- Kit bag for laptop & other power cords. There are 1000+ options to reuse a good airline kit bag for all the adapters we travel with.
- Airline socks to put on when I polish my shoes. Ever get yelled at for polish on a “good” pair of socks by your wife? This is a workaround for that I have found.
- Stocking a guest bath room? Our guest bath always contains extra 1x tooth brushes from airline kits for when guest stop by unexpected.
- Lastly, from Westin, their shoe shine cloth is like a pocket and very soft. I put a small thing of hand sanitizer in the pocket and wrap it up. I have found 1 drop on my tablet screen cleans it very well with that and the Westin cloth!
I could go on and on but it is SWAG Saturday and I am asking for something HARD this week. The rules, as always, are HERE if you have never seen then. Then, for a shot at ALL the travel swag you see above, a travel auto power adapter, a 10,000 mAh & a 2,600 mAh battery brick and lastly a card to dual USB adapter, I need you to tell me this:
How do you repurpose an airline, hotel or other free kit (tell us). What have you found you like to do with your free “stuff”? – Rene
PS – don’t forget time is running out
on 60k INK cards!
Congratulations to this weeks winner #34 “Mr. H.” Who says: “The sign-up bonus! Can you elaborate on the 120 days? I am not following this…”
Thanks for taking part and I will e-mail you soon. BTW to answer your question Mr. H., if you charge say a Delta ticket with the Barclay’s Arrival+ card, you have 120 days to pay it back with points and time to earn the point to pay it back! I love it.
So many say there are other cards that are better than this one. To me, all the perks you listed in your comments makes this one of the best choices for flexible travel. Plus, if you happen to be a Delta medallion, buying an airline ticket for a domestic ticket, you have a good shot at a free upgrade and will earn points for the trip! – René