I am sure these will all sell out VERY fast as there are only 20 rooms up for grabs. The Ala Moana Hotel is not a dream hotel but for $10 / night how can you go wrong? Here are the details from the web site:
- $10 per room, per night, single/double occupancy*
– 40 nights to choose: April 1 – May 10, 2014
– Only 20 rooms per night available
– Waikiki Tower Ocean View rooms
– 3-nights minimum, 5 nights maximum
– Reservation guaranteed with a valid credit card
– No refunds for changes or cancellations
– Web booking only, no phone calls
Starts Tuesday March 18, 10 am HST (4:PM ET) until all rooms are sold
*$50 per additional guest 18 years and older. Maximum 4 guests per room. Prices in U.S. dollars. Cannot be combined with other offers. No airline mileage. Offer is subject to availability and change. Restrictions may apply. Taxes are not included.
So there you are. Another idea would be for locals from the other islands to maybe do a semi-staycation to Honolulu.
If you could snag these deals, another possible option to keep this on the uber-cheap side would be to look at picking up The Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite MasterCard® to get there on points from either the islands or the mainland. Aloha – René