image

As a quick follow up to this morning’s post I have another great reason to say no to a bump – an Op-Up! That is, an operational upgrade due to coach being oversold.  You see, Delta will pull medallions up to 1st before they start bumping people from coach and as you can see you get pre-flight drinks with umbrellas!

image

As I sit drinking more Mai Tai’s by the pool at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and soon will lunch with my fellow BA blogger Scott from Hack my Trip I know I made the right call :-) – René

Barclaycard Arrival™
World MasterCard®
Earn 2x miles
on All Purchases

. .

6 Responses to “Another reason to say no to a bump * Op -Ups”

1. Jake from MSP says:

What kind of aircraft?

@Jake – 757-300 I believe. Nice for a 5-ish hour flight over the pacific. Had some of the worst turbulence I have felt for years!

3. LarsErikNYC says:

I was confused by this when I read your tweet(s) about it. But after looking it up, I now realize that Medallion upgrades to Hawaii don’t begin until March 1. I thought that change had already been implimented.

@LarsErikNYC – yep but an OP-UP can happen anywhere even on routes that will not have medallion upgrades like the ATL-HNL route or most international routes.

5. Tom says:

What do you think of the Hilton Hawaiian Village? Contemplating staying there, and would love your thoughts.

@Tom – have a detailed post on the way. In a nut shell, nice place with lots of stuff all on the property!