This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We will receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertiser Disclosure, and advertiser partners, such as American Express, visit this page.
Our Mothership Delta will not tell us what “really” caused the major system meltdown yesterday resulting in the website and phone app being unable to function at all. So, I have been doing some research on my own (I just asked readers for help on twitter ) and here are the “real” possible reasons why things went wrong. See what you think!
10. Attempted to upgrade from Windows95 to Windows Vista
9. Disgruntled employee dumps SkunkyBeer into keyboard from Skyclub
8. Trained monkey ran out of 1.44″ floppy disks to run phone app software
7. Left the server room because they ran out of Biscoff cookies
6. HOOU coupons started printing on everyone’s boarding pass
5. Hooked up to VA’s computers but forgot a voltage adapter & bbiiizzzap!
4. Someone tried to pay for a ticket with a NON-Delta AMEX card
3. Testing MQD plug-in and found Delta.com did not spend enough
2. Battery backups failed because they were from decommissioned CRJ200′s
1. Two people found “saver” awards at the same time so system auto-locked
So there you have it. These may or may not have played a roll, but it is Friday and I wanted you to start the weekend with a smile – René
▲Delta▲ SkyMiles® Credit Card
from American Express®
Click here for more information