A few bloggers have found out about the draft information about the new partnership reward program with Delta & SPG. While some of this information was correct, some was not. Here are the facts from the official release at Delta.com and the one from SPG is here:

The program, called Crossover Rewards, begins March 1 and provides elite members of both loyalty programs reciprocal benefits.

Crossover Rewards allows Delta and Starwood elites to share program benefits and earn more miles and Starpoints. SkyMiles Diamond and Platinum Medallion members will have access to added benefits including priority check-in, 4 p.m. late checkout and free in-room internet access when staying at Starwood Hotels and Resorts. All Delta Medallion members also will earn one mile per dollar spent on eligible room rates when staying with Starwood in addition to the Starpoints usually earned for their stay. In turn, SPG Platinum members will receive one free checked bag, priority check-in and priority boarding when flying Delta. SPG elite members will earn one Starpoint per dollar spent on eligible flights in addition to the miles usually earned for their flight.

This is great news and will add even more value to both programs. You will have to be a PM or DM to enjoy all the perks and Platinum with SPG to get the Delta perks listed.

To me, if you are an SPG Plat, you are basically getting Silver Medallion “lite” as you get some perks but not the really big one of free upgrades. As a Delta PM or GM, with no status with SPG, you are getting many of the perks of GOLD SPG status.

The clearly big win is the ability to earn not just 1x Skymiles but now also 1x SPG points for flights and if you are part of Skybonus 3x points total for each dollar you spend with Delta. – René

9 Responses to “Delta & SPG joint loyalty rewards program is announced! Chance for 3x points on Delta flights!”

1. I love this partnership as a frequent Atlanta traveller.

2. Annalise says:

I was thrilled to see this announcement. I was a SPG loyalist for years because they were the preferred hotel system for a previous job. Then last year I found myself traveling to places where HIlton dominated the options and I took advantage of a few of their promos to get to elite status. However, after a few disappointing Hilton customer service experiences, Starwood is starting to get more of my business again. This is just the icing on the cake and right in time, as I still have Gold with SPG.

3. Matteo says:

Can I transfer delta miles (no status) to my SPG gold account?

@Matteo – not with this deal. If you are medallion you can earn both. Now, once you have the points at SPG you can send them 1:1 to Delta or with 20,000 sent you get 25,000 Delta.

5. Cory says:

I think this sounds awesome. It also adds more value to the Amex Platinum so many people got in on at 100K. I have SPG Gold through the card and for no other reason as I don’t stay at hotels all that frequently. But, now being able to get some extra value out of SPG Gold makes me much happier for having dropped $450 on the Amex annual fee.

6. JetsetterFL says:

Do you only earn SPG points when traveling Delta and staying at SPG or just for paid Delta travel? Doesn’t seem clear to me…maybe I missed it…Don’t have any status with SPG but am a PM with Delta…

@JetsetterFL – as a PM with Delta you will earn both Delta AND SPG points when you pay for a Delta ticket!

8. JetsetterFL says:

Oh – I so wish this started now – and not Mar 1…I am just about ready to purchase a $5K ticket for International travel through work….for next week’s trip.Oh well…

9. Andy Z says:

As a Platinum on Delta AND SPG, I’m loving this new program – extra Starpoints on all my Delta flights and extra Skypesos on all my Starwood stays on top of the Platinum multipliers I already get on each.

If only my SPG spend counted toward the new EQD requirement starting in 2014 – that would take all the stress out of requalification.